Commitment: Total Quality
The principles of Total Quality and ISO standards result in continually updated manufacturing practices and efficiencies. Our manufacturing team is generally divided into cells, organized by product type to provide flexibility and specialized attention in production. Every assembly is quality checked. These principles assure our customers that a quality product is delivered every time.
INTERCON’S QUALITY POLICY
Our proactive strategic direction is meeting challenges, requirements, and quality objectives today and in the future by:
Connecting you to Quality through a commitment to:
- Continual Improvement
- Ongoing Education
- Outstanding Service
Total Quality Activities
- Meet customer requirements
- Reduce development cycle times
- Timely demand flow manufacturing
- Improvement Teams
- Reduce product and service cost
- Continual training systems
- The Wire Harness Manufacturers Association and IPC teamed to develop the first industry consensus standard for Requirements and Acceptance of Cable and Wire Harness Assemblies to provide long needed industry requirements.
- Intercon provides continual employee education assured by one, on-staff Certified IPC Trainer.
- Modules include criteria for wire prep, soldering to terminals, crimping of stamped and formed contacts and machined contacts, insulation displacement connectors, ultrasonic welding, splicing, connectors, molding, marking, coax/twinax cables, wrapping/lacing, shielding, assembly and wire-wrap terminations and testing.
- Technicians are certified to up to 8 modules dependent upon job requirements.
- Classroom education ranges from 4 to 32 hours.
Intercon possesses a wide range of test equipment. Our experienced Quality Assurance technicians perform testing to your drawing requirements using calibrated equipment traceable to N.I.S.T. Assemblies are tested for continuity, opens, shorts, connection resistance, and insulation resistance. We also perform Hi-pot, continuity of protective bonding circuit tests, and component testing such as resistors, diodes, and capacitors. Our Cable Analyzer tests twisted pair cabling for NEXT and Return Loss and our Network Analyzer allows RF testing such as VSWR and Insertion Loss. Fiber optic cable assemblies are tested for attenuation to your specification. Most testing is performed using programmable test equipment with memory to assure consistency and accuracy. Intercon’s manufacturing tooling undergoes scheduled inspections that insure terminations meet or exceed the manufacturer’s specifications.